PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW
- Follow traffic laws: please do not be ticketed as Police and Sheriffs patrol this route.
- This is a BIKE RIDE not a race and is held on an OPEN ROAD with motor vehicles. All riders must follow the RULES OF THE ROAD and all regulations as defined in the California vehicle code.
- Participants must follow all instructions of law enforcement and/or fire officials. All Public Safety vehicles have right of way at all times.
- All riders MUST be wearing an approved bike helmet on course.
- All riders MUST have a bike number and wristband on the course for safety and access to SAG.
- We strongly suggest you bring at least TWO water bottles FULL of water/fluid as well as a cell phone.
- Use the toilets provided at the SAG Stops only, please!
- All riders must stay on the right hand side of the road, not cross the centerline and should ride single file.
- If a rider cannot continue, he/she should move to a safe place off the road and signal a race vehicle for assistance OR CALL THE NUMBER PROVIDED.
- Wearing earbuds of headphones in both ears is PROHIBITED
San Diego Century Bike Ride
- The 2018 San Diego Century Bike Ride will be held on Saturday May 19, 2018, rain or shine.
- CHECK IN – You must check in and pick up your bike number and course ID wristband
- FRIDAY May 18 – Revolution Bike Store, 235 S. Coast Highway 101, Solana Beach from 12:00 to 7:00pm. Parking is available at CVS Pharmacy, one block south of Revolution.
- SATURDAY May 19 – MiraCosta College (MCC), 3333 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff (Encinitas) between 6:00am and 8:00am
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION CLOSES 11:59pm May 14. Riders not yet entered will be able to late register at Revolution Bike Store on Friday noon-7pm or MCC on Saturday 6am-8am
- WAIVERS – All riders MUST sign two waivers at check-in before being issued a number.
Download the 2017 San Diego Century Event Waiver and the County of San Diego Waiver
- FRIENDS AND FAMILY PICK-UP – Packets MAY be picked-up for pre-registrants if they present the following at Packet Pick-up/Registration:
- WRISTBAND – You will receive a colored wristband when you check in. The wristband will get you into the aid stations on the course for which you have registered.
- BIKE NUMBER – please attach bike number (self-adhesive strip on back) to the top tube of your bike. The telephone number for dispatch in case of a breakdown or emergency is printed on your number.
- BIKE CARD – please attach the bike card with the twist ties to the handlebars of your bike. It helps the SUPPORT CREW looking after you.
- HELMET NUMBER – attach the self adhesive helmet number to the FRONT of your helmet.
- ROUTE/CUE SHEET – Courses are marked with signs at all turns and major intersections. Please print a copy of the route sheet for your route and bring it with you on the ride. http://spectrumsportsevents.com/san-diego-century
- PRE-PURCHASED CLOTHING – Pick up your order at the Merchandise Booth during registration 12-7pm on Friday or on Saturday 6am-4pm.
- SDC T-SHIRT, JERSEY & HAT – Logoed SDC clothing will be available for purchase Friday & Saturday at the Expo.
- FINISH REUNION – All registered riders who participate in the event will receive $5 in coupons for food from food trucks. You will receive them with your medal upon finishing. Please bring extra money WITH YOU for additional food purchases.
- PARKING – Free Parking is provided at MiraCosta College (start/finish), the Greek Orthodox Church, Redeemer Episcopalian Church and Encinitas Country Day School (all within 1/2 mile of the start).
Follow instructions of parking monitors.
• MCC opens at 5:00am and is full by 6:30am• Greek Orthodox opens when MCC is full and is full by 7:00am• Redeemer starts after Greek Orthodox closes• After that Encinitas Country Day opens• If you arrive after 7:15-7:30am you may have to park at Encinitas Country Day, which closes for the weekend at 2:00pm. Or you can park on El Camino Real.
- START TIME – RIDERS WILL BE SENT OFF IN WAVE STARTS
6:00am – First 105 mile wave released
6:45am – Last 105 mile wave
6:45am – First 67 mile wave
7:15am – Last 67 mile wave
7:15am – First 33 mile wave
7:30am – Last 33 mile wave
- CLOSING TIMES – The finish is CLOSED AT 5:30PM.
Aid SAG stations along the course will close earlier:
16 mile @ 10:30am
29 mile @ 11:30am
42 mile @ 12:30pm
66 mile @ 3:30pm
80 mile @ 4:30pm
Riders unable to maintain pace on the course should make personal provisions for aid and SAG to be available past these times. See #16.
- SUPPORT – There are on-course mechanical & SAG aid as well as SAG/aid stations.
- For serious emergencies during the ride, call 911
- For mechanical breakdowns, call or text the event dispatcher at (619) 535-1825 if the race vehicle has not stopped for you. This is an answering service and we will attend to your needs as quickly as possible.
- Back-up Plan: Please make arrangements with family/friends to be picked up if you can’t finish the ride. The ride shuttle is slow and can take a while before it reaches any given SAG stop.
Charming “Old Encinitas” on historic HWY 101, stretches ¾ mile between Encinitas Blvd south to “K” St. It is filled with excellent restaurants, unusual shops and other places to visit. Encinitas is home to the famous Self-Realization Center and Swami’s surfing beach (next to SRF). North along HWY 101 is the community of Leucadia once southern California’s flower capital and still the home of the Poinsettia or Christmas plant.
Chamber of Commerce (760) 753-6041 for info on business, food or lodging.
Downtown Encinitas MainStreet Assoc. (DEMA) (760) 943-1950
- Quail Botanical Gardens – (760) 436-3036
- Swami’s Surf Park – PCH and Self- Realization Center., downtown Encinitas
- Self Realization Fellowship Center – (760) 753-1811
- San Dieguito Heritage Museum (760) 632-9711
- San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Preserve – (760) 436-3944
(with driving time from downtown Encinitas)
- Legoland – 12 minutes
- La Costa Resort – 8 minutes
- Aviara Four Seasons Resort – 8 minutes
- SD Zoo – 25 minutes
- SD Wild Animal Park – 40 minutes
- Del Mar Race Track – 8 minutes
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – 15 minutes
- Scripps Aquarium – 20 minutes
If you’re planning to stay in Encinitas overnight, be sure to arrange your lodging and rooms early. Many of our riders prefer the accommodations and outstanding service offered at Holiday Inn Express.