HOTELS AND LODGING
Holiday Inn Express Encinitas - Host Hotel
Located just 2 miles from the starting line, the Holiday Inn Express is the perfect location for San Diego Century participants. This contemporary hotel is located next to Interstate 5 and just a short drive to area beaches and attractions. Your stay will include complimentary hot breakfast bar, outdoor pool/hot tub, fitness center, free wifi and parking.
1661 Villa Cardiff Dr., Cardiff By The Sea, CA 92007
Special San Diego Century rate of $149/night + tax.
Rate available for 5/18 – 5/19
TRAVELING TO ENCINITAS
Charming “Old Encinitas” on historic HWY 101, stretches ¾ mile between Encinitas Blvd south to “K” St. It is filled with excellent restaurants, unusual shops and other places to visit. Encinitas is home to the famous Self-Realization Center and Swami’s surfing beach (next to SRF). North along HWY 101 is the community of Leucadia once southern California’s flower capital and still the home of the Poinsettia or Christmas plant.
Chamber of Commerce (760) 753-6041 for info on business, food or lodging.
Downtown Encinitas MainStreet Assoc. (DEMA) (760) 943-1950
- San Diego Botanic Garden – (760) 436-3036
- Swami’s Surf Park – PCH and Self- Realization Center., downtown Encinitas
- Self Realization Fellowship Center – (760) 753-1811
- San Dieguito Heritage Museum (760) 632-9711
- San Elijo Lagoon Ecological Preserve – (760) 436-3944
(with driving time from downtown Encinitas)
- Legoland – 12 minutes
- La Costa Resort – 8 minutes
- Aviara Four Seasons Resort – 8 minutes
- SD Zoo – 25 minutes
- SD Wild Animal Park – 40 minutes
- Del Mar Race Track – 8 minutes
- Torrey Pines Golf Course – 15 minutes
- Scripps Aquarium – 20 minutes